Ok, ok…I know that these lists are totally lame but, I get tired of reading other people’s lists and their opinions so I want to put my own out there.
Music….I love it. I have really random taste so here are some of the artists I really enjoyed this year, in no particular order….
1. Lady Gaga…I think she has a fantastic sound that really makes me want to get up and move. I think that she’s going to be huge.
2. Meg & Dia…they got me with ‘Monster’ and kept me after that, I can’t wait to see what they have to offer in the future
3. The Spill Canvas…I can’t even completely express how much I love this band. Their songs are so heartfelt and not to mention catchy. They are just as good live as they are on their albums (which is something that doesn’t always hold true)
4. Gavin Rossdale…I loved Bush, I loved Institute and now his solo project just blows my mind. His voice is so raw and so passionate I can’t help falling in love with him just a little everytime he sings
5. Katy Perry….a really fun artist, full of energy and talent, I love that she’s not afraid to be herself.
6. New Years Day….I actually really got into them in 2007 when I saw them live for the first time, they are such a fun group, I’m really sad that their label went under and I wish them the best in the New Year.
7. Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog….this was just musical genius. Flawless casting, made for perfect performances and stellar writing made for great songs…if you haven’t checked it out yet its pretty much a must do….like NOW
8. Tegan and Sara….my second sister duo on this list…Tegan and Sara rock, seriously
9. Kings of Leon…they are phenomenal, I love driving around with the windows down blasting Kings of Leon
10. Fall Out Boy….these fellow Chicagoans rock, I love every album and “I Don’t Care” is a great song to blast after a bad day.
Television….again in no particular order
1. Pushing Daisies
3. True Blood
5. The Tudors
7. Mad Men
Movies….again no order
2. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3. The Dark Knight
4. Iron Man
7. Slumdog Millionaire
9. Rachel Getting Married
10. The Wrestler
Best of the Web…no order
1. Dr. Horrible’s Sing Along Blog www.drhorrible.com
2. The Guild www.watchtheguild.com
3. Twitter www.twitter.com
4. Woot www.woot.com
5. Hulu http://www.hulu.com
6. Dark Horizons http://www.darkhorizons.com
7. Perez Hilton http://www.perezhilton.com
8. Word Press http://www.wordpress.com
9. Friendfeed www.friendfeed.com
10. Crackberry www.crackberry.com
I would highly recommend checking out any of the above